Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Real Salt Lake vs. New York Recap

What a match. Games like this are the reason I watch soccer. It was an intense game from start to finish. I was most please with the crowd. Finally RSL got the fans they deserved. I thought RSL played extremely well and it was just one of the nights where the ball wouldn't go into the net. I think every player left what they had on the field and it seemed from the post game quotes that the players were sad, but knew that sometimes luck favors the opposing team. I think RSL has a bright future. I went to autograph alley after the game and Findley, Fabian, Deuchar and Will were there. You could see the disappointment in their faces, but at the same time, you could see that they knew they accomplished something great this year. Perhaps the best momemnt of the game was when the RSL faithful started chanting "R-S-L" after the game. Truely the best match of 2008.
GO RSL!

1 comment:

Ben Anderson said...

Its good to see Real improving and really making a move in the playoffs. I love how everyone says that Utah or Salt Lake is too small for a team. Yet we are always in contention for the championships in all of the sports we have!