Friday, October 10, 2008

RSL vs. New York

After having a good nights sleep I feel prepared to tackle this game. First and foremost, I am disappointed with not just the team, but a couple other factors. Lets start with the team:

Findley - What has Jason thinking bringing him on in the second half. He did absolutely nothing except turn the ball over. I don't think Russell did anything, but at least he could hold the ball.

Williams - RSL could have really used him out there. I think RSL could have scored two or three more goals if he was in.

Other than that, it was good to see Dema back. I think RSL played probably one of the worst games of the season. I think if they would have played this way on the road, they would have been smoked. They played too many balls over the top and the one time they did get on over, Yura dribbled too many times and let all the D get back to clear his shot off the line. He also hit right to the feet of the only guy standing there.

I also admit I was disappointed in the south section. I know they were yelling and cheering and chanting, but I was in the NE corner and I couldn't hear them at all. Maybe the wind held there noise in the south section, but I couldn't hear them at all. I think the atmosphere was good though, considering 70% of the people around me had never even been to a soccer game, let alone an RSL game.

And now the stadium - AWESOME. It is such a nice facility. I love it. I am very disappointed with the service though. I stood inline for a hot dog for 20 minutes at 7:00. Not bad if there were 50 people in front of me, but there were only 5 people. WOW - terrible service. My wife stood inline for 30 minutes for the roasted almonds. I am also mad they don't give fountain drinks, just cheap 20 oz. bottles = LAME.

And finally, I am really disappointed the only souvenir for the game was the small flag and cheap towels. Can't the print they same info on a T-shirt, charge 10 bucks and everyone is happy. How about a new scarf? And don't you think it would have been a top priority to get the shop in the NE corner open to sell all the RSL goods, instead of just the jerseys at the kiosks. They would have made a killing if the shop was open.

Now that I am done ranting, let's be honest. It was a fabulous game. We didn't get the result we were looking for, but the we were all entertained.







No comments: