Sunday, October 26, 2008

RSL vs. Colorado Rapids Recap

Wow, what a game. This is why I love soccer. You sit in your house for 60 minutes while your team gets closer and closer to missing the playoffs and then in the 90th minute, your on-fire striker nets the game tying goal which sends RSL to the playoffs and retains the Rocky Mountain Cup.

Rimando had an excellent game. Again, he had a nice regular season but won't get recognized for it. I was a little worried when we had a 2-5-3 for the last several minutes, but I think Kries knew what he was doing when he took off the defensive players and added Findley, Williams and Russell. I think this is the reason we brought in Russell, to play D, but be an offensive threat as well, which he was. I think Russell had an awesome game. I don't think I have seen a worst half than the first half. We couldn't do anything right. As far as the controversial PK - life goes on. We have been the beneficiary of many poor calls but we have to move on. I don't think Colorado played an exceptional game either, but they have come along way. At the beginning and middle of the season, they were terrible. They have a very dynamic team and I think we got a little bit lucky, but sometimes that is what it takes to make magic happen.

Up next is Chivas USA. They are a great team, but they are kind of in a slump. After losing their starting goalie because of a red card, they will have to use their backup goalie. Another key player, Sasha Victorine, is out with injury. Former RSL striker, Alecko Eskandarian is playing very well. Former RSL players Carrey Talley and Atiba Harris also contribute to the Chivas play. Surely all three players will want to bury RSL in the first leg. Remember Chivas is the only team to actually beat RSL in Salt Lake. However, also remember that the first road win for RSL was at Chivas. It will be a showdown in both legs. I can see RSL coming out on fire because the will have reached their goal of the playoffs. I don't think they will be nervous.

Prediction:
1st leg - RSL 3 Chivas 1
2nd leg - RSL 1 Chivas 1

RSL advance 4-2 aggregate

What are your predictions?

2 comments:

Jordan, Aubrey, Kaden, and Toby said...

What an awesome game. And did you see that red card on the Chivas keeper. Man what a bad call as well, and one that will greatly benefit us in the home leg.
My predictions will be RSL 2-1 in the home leg.
In the second leg, playing for the draw, I predict a 1-1 second leg. 3-2 RSL in aggregate.
GO REAL!

Haslam said...

This is tims wife even though it say tnhaslam. I am the "n" part of the tn. I predict rsl will win the championship! What now!