Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Soccer Jerseys

So I got an idea from another blog I read. The blog writer was a drummer and so he had everyone post their drum kits in the comments. I want to do a similar thing - but with soccer jerseys. I don't have any pictures yet, but here is a list of my jerseys with background.

03-05 Sheffield Wednesday Away - I got this jersey because there was a player named Steven Haslam who played for them. I got his name and number on the back because my last name is Haslam too. I got the idea because I have a friend with the last name of Owen and he had a Micheal Owen England Jersey so I search online and found there was Steven Haslam playing for Sheffield Wednesday so I got his jersey.

05 Real Salt Lake Away - I got this jersey while I was living in LA. I was on an LDS mission and found out from a member that Salt Lake had a professional soccer team. I wrote my dad and told him to send me a jersey so he did.

05 Real Salt Lake Home - I got this one in LA too. I loved my RSL away jersey so much that I had to get a home one too.

08 Real Salt Lake Home - I got this one this year because I was tired of having the original jerseys and decided to upgrade.

06-07 Real Madrid Home - My parents went to Madrid in 06 and I had them pick up this jersey for me, which is cool because it came from a Real Madrid shop. My dad said it was like walking into Fanzz but instead of all different teams, it was all Real Madrid. He also said he asked the clerk if they had an XXL and the guys eyes got real big and said in broken English "Big Boy" then went and got it from the back. I guys there aren't too many 6'4" 275 lbs guys in Spain. This is probably my favorite jersey. I love how it has Real Madrid embroidered on the back below the neckline. It also has a cool patch - "FIFA Award, Best Club XX Century"

07 LA Galaxy Blue - I say blue because it seems the Galaxy don't heed to the home and away colors. It is a Beckham jersey and I think my wife wanted me to get it more than I did. It is nice to have to bum around the house in, but I try not to wear it in public.

So there you go - What jerseys do you have? Please don't hate on anyone elses jersey collection either. This is just to see what people have, not argue about which team is better.

7 comments:

DanskPol said...

Among others, i have a 91-92 AC Milan home jersey, a mid-nineties Leeds Utd Away (Green and blue), a Feyenoord home jersey (1997-1998) and several FC Copenhagen jerseys, home, away and goalkeeper, the oldest from around 1998.

The newest thing is a Dutch national team jersey that i bought last year.

CUnger said...

My goal is to collect the national team jersey from every country i have been to. I am missing a few like Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and Switzerland, but I have Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Germany, France, Scotland, England, Honduras, Belgium, um.... plus I have the home/away RSL, Real Madrid, and a Chivas Guadalajara (for destructive purposes).

Jason said...

The only Jersey I have is a Mexico home Jersey. It's the one they wore in the '98 World Cup. It's green with the Mayan Calendar imprinted on it. It's got to be one of the coolest Jersey's ever made. I was in Mexico during the '98 World Cup on an LDS mission.

I really need to get more Jerseys though. Great post idea!

Jordan, Aubrey, Kaden, and Toby said...

Well, the very first jesery I got was for Club America. I got that while serving my mission in Mexico, and America was everywhere. It is a cheap piece of crap jersey though.
My second jersey is the official Pumas jersey from when they won the Mexican League. I don't know if it was the opening or closing tournament, but it is pretty nice.
My third jersey was an 05 RSL home jersey. Had to get it when I started going to the games in 05.
My last jersey is the 07 RSL jersey, the first with XANGO on the front. I love it.
I really want a US jersey, especially for the world cup. Maybe i will get one by 2010. And I also want to get a celtic jersey.

Anonymous said...

My first jersey I bought was a Chelsea 05 Centennary one-it is really nice, I also have a mid-nineties AC Milan with OPEL on the front, I have an AS Monaco from 02-03 I believe, I also have an 06 Club America jersey with the ten stars in the sleeve-very nice. I bought a bootleg Cruz Azul while I was in Mexico a couple of years ago, I also have a 95 Manchester United, a mid-ninteties Liverpool, a late-ninteties Rangers, and an 02 PSG. XD

Anonymous said...

My football shirts:
'05/'06 Man Utd home shirt
'06/'07 Man Utd home shirt
'07/'08 Man Utd away shirt
'06/'07 Portland Timbers home shirt
'06/'07 Urawa Red Diamonds home shirt
'06-'10 Israel home shirt
'04-'06 USA home shirt
'06/'07 FC United of Manchester home shirt

Aside from MUFC and USA shirts, my favorite is the rare or exotic football shirt. The next rarity I would like is an Israeli club shirt or another Japanese one. I also want to own a shirt from each MLS team.

Anonymous said...

I have an 03-04 Santos FC jersey form Santos, SP, Brasil. It is the great Pele's team, and so, of course, I have his number 10 on the back.