Wednesday, July 9, 2008

MLS All-Star Game 2009

So it was announced today that the new RSL Stadium in Sandy will host the 2009 MLS All-Star Game. AWESOME. It will be a great event for sure. My only question is, who will they bring in? Someone from the EPL? Most likely, but I think more fans would get involved if Inter Milan or Barcelona would come to play. I think it will sell out regardless of who comes. I think if the MLS brings in another middle of the high end EPL team (like Everton), it will get boring. They need Man U or Arsenal to come, then it would be crazy! I have faith the MLS will bring in a big name.
The 2008 All-Stars will be announced tomorrow. It will not surprise me if no RSL player gets to play because we don't have any big stars, like Beckham or Blanco, but yet we are still very close to the top of the Western Conference. It will take a few years for an RSL player to get recognized.

No comments: