Sunday, July 13, 2008

Real Salt Lake v. Columbus Crew - Recap

First Place....Finally.
It has been a long time coming for Real Salt Lake and I am glad it finally happened. They will need to continue to play tough, especially on the road, if they want to keep first place. I think they will make the playoffs for sure, regardless of what place they are in.
I think Rimando had a great game. I like how he thanked his defenders and gave them credit in his post-game interviews.
My new favorite player is Jamison Olave. He is unstoppable. He reminds me of Onyewu, big, fast, strong, unbeatable. I love Borchers too, him and Olave are unbeatable.
I think Joy played well, and I thought Beltran could have done a little better. I think he did an awesome job of shutting Robbie Rogers down. I really like how Joy ran to the North Goal after the game and applauded the crowd, what a class act.
The midfield played really well too. Morales free kick in the opening of the game really set the tone and didn't allow Columbus to come back. It was a welcome sight to see Stugis back. He was so solid in the first couple of games he played.
Yura and Nunez played okay. I think Nunez needs to shoot more. The decision to bring on Findley and Deuchar was amazing. I knew one of them was going to score when they came on and they both almost did. Findleys speed and Deuchars post up ability and height really make a difference, especially when they are playing against tired guys.
The decision to make Kries sit in a box and have communication almost seems like a reward, rather than a punishment. I think it would be a huge advantage to get a birds eye view of my teams formations and posistions and then tell the guys on the bench what to do.

Next Up:
RSL at Chicago Fire

No comments: