Sunday, July 20, 2008

Real Salt Lake v. Chicago

I didn't get to watch the game because my dad bought a fishing boat, so we went fishing at Strawberry Reservoir. I was relieved when my phone finally got service and I got a text saying we drawed, 0-0. Judging by the recap on the RSL page, it sounded like we played an awesome game, both offensively and defensively. Since I was not there, it is hard to comment on the game, but I do have to say I love Beltran either starting at defense or being subbed in as a midfielder. I love how dynamic he can be. I also love starting the game with Yura and Nunez up top and then subbing Findley and Kenny in the second half. I think Findley plays harder when he is a sub and I don't think Yura has time to get into the game when he comes on as a sub.
When I came home from fishing, I watched the Galaxy versus Red Bulls highlights. It seemed it was a constant shot fest. I loved Donovans goal though, he is quality. I know a lot of people don't like him, but there will come a day when he does something HUGE for the U.S. and people will have to like him.
Up next for RSL: some Costa Rican team on Pioneer Day!

No comments: