Friday, August 1, 2008

iPhone / iTouch Apps Part 1

I will be the first to admit I don't have an iPhone because I can't afford it. But I do have a really cool iTouch (8GB) which I have used to download some of the new Apps in the App Store. This is my opinion about the Apps.

Google - This is a simple App, just like Google. It does exactly what I thought it would.
Overall Grade: A

Phonesaber - Very cool idea. I like how you can choose the color of the laser, but since I don't have an iPhone, it is annoying to wear headphones while waving my iTouch around. Could use more sound effects, gets boring after a while.
Overall Grade: iPhone B+
iTouch B

Remote - This is an awesome App which actually has some functionality as well as a "wow" factor from friends at a recent party. Again, I am limited because I don't have wireless internet at my house, so it's use on the iTouch is limited.
Over Grade: iPhone A+
iTouch F if you don't have wireless internet, A if you do.

Restaurants - This is a cool App which tells you the nutrition information about various food chains like A & W, Arby's, Little Ceasars. You can also find locations of the restaurants with the touch of a button. You can use this App without the internet if you don't need the maps. If you happen to eat out for every meal, it will show you your total intake of more than 10 factors on a per day basis. For example, if I ate a serving of Crazy Bread from Little Ceasars and Pad Thai Noodles with Beef from Pei Wei, I would have had 770 Calories, 33 grams of Fat, 25 Cal. from Fat, and various other stats.
Overall Grade: A-

Part 2: Facebook, Twitter, NYTimes, JirboBreak

No comments: