Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tools of the Trade Part 1

This post encompasses two big products which are broken up into little ones. The products are the Adobe Design Premium and Mac Products.

Adobe Design Premium
There are a couple of products I haven't even used, like Adobe Bridge CS3, Adobe Version Cue® CS3, Adobe Device Central CS3, and Adobe Acrobat® Connect™ To tell you the truth, I don't even know what they do!
I have used the following programs and I love them.
InDesign - I love this program. It is great. I took a class at the University of Utah that was heavily based on InDesign. It is a great program to edit documents. I used it to make newspaper articles!
Photoshop Extended - I have only touched the tip of the iceberg with Photoshop and I love it. It can do anything. Chances are, if you are reading this blog you already know Photoshop.
Illustrator - This is a great program too. I used it today to edit a PDF that was doing crazy things. I have seen some pretty cool stuff come out of Illustrator.
Flash Professional - I took a class at the University of Utah that was based on Flash. It was an intense class, but I survived. Flash is great for animating things, but it seems Flash is disappearing from the web because it is not search engine friendly. I think Flash is a good thing when used in moderation. People get too crazy with Flash and thats when things get ugly, but some pages uses Flash very well which really compliment the site.
Dreamweaver - This is where I learned how to design web pages. It is great for beginners but is limited which is why most professionals don't use it.
Fireworks - I think it is weird that Fireworks would be included in the same suite as Photoshop, but Fireworks is cool. I have used it and it is very capable of creating cool things.

Apple Products
I use a 13" MacBook at work and a 20" iMac at home with a 500GB Time Capsule to back up everything. I also have an iTouch which keeps my music in check and allows me to carry contacts and my iCal. I used to have an HP laptop and it was great until I started using Macs at school. I love Macs now and I love Leopard. I love the way Apple handles their programs and they way the conduct themselves. I don't run big things so I don't know how the performance compares, and quite frankly, as long as it does freeze I am fine. I would recommend any apple product to anyone. They are great.

1 comment:

Jordan, Aubrey, Kaden, and Toby said...

I got my blog up and going. You should check it out. I have some pictures from the meet the team day. It is

three11stu.blogspot.com.