Saturday, August 30, 2008

Real Salt Lake vs. Colorado Rapids

What an awesome game. It was good to see RSL actually looking like they knew how to play soccer, something they haven't done in the last two road games. I thought everyone played well, but I am really impressed with Will Johnson. He was running all over the field and looked very comfortable. I thought Russell played well, but I am still not convinced. I wish he would do something to convince me he deserves the hype he got. I thought our whole team played defense very well. I loved the game because it felt like we had a chance to score just about every possession. I feel we can take it to the Galaxy next game, especially since they will most likely be missing Donovan and Lewis for World Cup qualifying. Beckham will most likely be out to play for England in World Cup qualifying also. I think this game will be a good change for RSL to find their toad form against a weak LA team.

No comments: