Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Day with Real Salt Lake

I finally broke down and bought season tickets in the north goal section for next season and are close to the west side of the stadium, 9 rows up. The best part is I got to take a tour with my new friend, Andrew. Andrew was the guy who helped me with my tickets. We started off and went right to my seats, and I love them. Then we went and looked through some of the luxury suites, and they are luxurious. Andrew showed my Dave Checketts suite and it is way nice. The cool part is, it has a stairway which leads to his personal office. I didn't go into the office, but Andrew said the office has a tunnel which leads onto a platform above the player tunnel. The platform is so Checketts can present trophies to the team when we win them. I guess it is a European thing. We also went to the VIP Resturant which is about 15 rows off the pitch in the southwest corner of the stadium. The resturant will seat 650 and has a huge patio which people can go onto and watch the game. It was cool, but you have to pay big bucks, which I don't have yet. We went into the locker rooms and they are way nice. The RSL one has a hot tub and a cold tub. It was way nice. There are 3 lockerrooms which means RSL will never have to have anyone in their lockerroom. I am way stoked. The ironic part of the day is when I was going home and the TRAX stopped at Rice-Eccles where my car was parked and I saw a bus at the top of the parking lot by the ticket office. I thought to myself, "that is probably the Rapids." So I drove up there and sure enough, it was the Rapids. I won't tell you what followed, but I am sure you can imagine it.
Here are some pictures.


No comments: